Re: About exporting

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: About exporting
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 09:17:43 +0100

On Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 09:01, Colin Baxter wrote:
> Very true. Unfortunately, you also have to "go with the flow" with the
> publishers who insist on receiving a docx file.

I'm lucky in that the vast majority of the journals I deal with accept
(and prefer) LaTeX.

> Thankfully there's pandoc, but it's an annoying waste of time having
> to convert from LaTeX to some dreadful docx.

Yes.  I have had to do this a few times.  Pandoc is very useful although
even org's ODT export has often been good enough with some followup
editing in LibreOffice.  But I hate having to do anything in a word
processor...

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-254-g37749c