Re: About exporting

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: About exporting
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 16:50:39 +0800

> On Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 20:28, Martin Steffen wrote:
>> And there is a final thing which (for me) seem to work better in
>> latex-mode compared to org. That's jumping to the ``next error'' with
>> some key stroke. That's important, LaTeX's own error output it quite
>> poor, but jumping to error locations is vital.
>
> Yes, this is an issue I have as well.  And the fact that the error
> messages are for the LaTeX lines, not the org lines, so you end up
> sometimes having to look at the LaTeX code and then go back to the org
> file.  This definitely adds friction!

This may sound facetious, but my current approach is just to not write
LaTeX in Org files, and have only robust LaTeX I've already worked out
the kinks for loaded.  I think in part this works for me because of a
particular system I have in place (that IMHO works *wonderfully* with
Org) which I plan on submitting patches to upstream (to Org) in the
not-to-distant future.

--
Timothy