Re: Including Email Address in the Reply in Mailing-list

From: Jean Louis
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 02:42:06 +0300

* Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> [2021-04-03 02:35]:
> My personal belief is that if you subscribe to a public mail list, you
> need to accept that your email address will be 'out there' - more
> generally, over time, your email address is going to be harvested
> regardless and your better off trying to improve filtering and spam
> detection than any attempt to minimise the address appearing in archived
> content on-line.
>
> Off now to try and work out how to change the reply header in my mail
> clients!

I am using this one, but not because of spam, rather when I have to
forward email and don't want to disclose email addresses of related
parties.

(defun remove-emails ()
  "Removes all <example@example.com> emails from buffer. At some
occasions user may want to forward email messages from other
people without revealing their email addresses. mutt email client
usually displayes email addresses in this format
<USER@EXAMPLE.COM> and all such addresses may be easily removed
with this command."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion