Re: Including Email Address in the Reply in Mailing-list

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 11:04:03 +0200

On 02/04/2021 17:54, Husain Alshehhi wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just noticed that some of us here, when replying, include the email of
> the sender of the previous email in the response as part of body of the
> email. This email address shows up in plain text in the mailing
> list[1]. This is certainly done without any ill-intentions, but that
> could cause the email address to receive quite a bit of spam if spammers
> crawl these pages.
>
> I suggest refraining from doing so, and instead use the name. Please let
> me know what you think.

the sender email address of all messages. Removing the mail address from
quote headers in the replies is useless to the goal of hiding the email
address of the original message senders from web crawlers.

As expressed by others, you need to accept that writing to a public
mailing list requires public disclosure of the source email address.

It is also about 20 years that avoiding publishing someone email address
on the web is not at all an effective measure in avoiding having such
email address targeted by spam.

Cheers,
Dan