Re: First steps exporting to tex

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: First steps exporting to tex
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 13:07:45 -0400 (EDT)

On 3 April 2021, Diego Zamboni wrote:

I fully agree with Tim here - don't make things more complicated than
necessary! Start with standard Org and the standard export, see how it
works and adjust from there.

It's amazing what the combination of Org and LaTeX can do without any extra customization. Now, it takes a good deal of skill to get them installed and know how to use them. You can't just point a Google Drive user to a link and say, "Install this, it's easy."

But once you have them, you can make a simple Org document with a TITLE, a NAME, a couple of headings, a few subheadings, some paragraphs—all just plain text, nothing fancy—and then you export it to PDF and it looks like a published book or journal article! When I first started doing that it amazed me. I suppose I'm used to it now, but it is wonderful.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art:
https://listeningtoart.org/