Re: Bug: inconsistent escaping of coderef regexp

From: Tom Gillespie
Subject: Re: Bug: inconsistent escaping of coderef regexp
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 22:22:32 -0700

Hi Nicolas,
   I've attached a patch with a first pass implementation that I think
resolves most of the issues. It probably needs a few tests to go along
with it, but I think it is the simplest way forward. I tried to make the
changes without disrupting the org-babel info structure, but it comes
with the cost of having to pull out :coderef-prefix in a number of separate
contexts. Best,
Tom

> If possible, I'd like not to conflate current issue with switches
> deprecation, which needs to be discussed separately.

We can decouple them, so not an issue. The attached patch implements
the header arg equivalents of -r and -l without making any changes to the
existing switch behavior.

> What do you mean by "it is impossible for the user to specify their own
> coderef regexp that can be used in both cases"? In particular, what is
> a coderef regexp in this context? I know about coderef format, but
> I don't think users are supposed to provide a regexp here.

I did a first pass implementation and realized that allowing users to
specify coderef-regexp is a bad idea. The attached patch fixes the
divergent behavior of org-bable-tangle-single-block and provides a
standard way to specify a :coderef-prefix regexp so that empty
comments can be stripped.