Re: "#+STARTUP: hideblocks" has no effect?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: "#+STARTUP: hideblocks" has no effect?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:07:41 -0400

autofrettage writes:

> I recently read about the #+STARTUP parameter "hideblocks", but it
> doesn't seem to have any effect in my set-up. All the blocks kept
> laughing straight in my face. :-(
>
> Any ideas about what could have gone wrong?

Are you leaving org-startup-folded at showeverything (the default as of
9.4)?  That will prevent org-startup-folded and "#+startup: hideblocks"
from having an effect:

  (defun org-set-startup-visibility ()
    (unless (eq org-startup-folded 'showeverything)
      (when org-hide-block-startup (org-hide-block-all))
      ...)

For example, try this:

#+startup: nofold
#+startup: hideblocks