Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 22:03:54 +0700

On 05/04/2021 06:06, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Joost Kremers writes:

I tend to agree that allowing local modifications of Org's syntax is pretty much
pointless, but then why is `org-emphasis-alist` a user option?

In practice, the faces, i.e., the values, are meant to be customizable,
not the keys.

It would be great to have more clear statement in the doc string. Even in the manual it could be stressed stronger. Unsure if the current phrase really forbids extension, I would rather tend to interpret it as invitation to customize the list: "To narrow down the list of available markup syntax, you can customize ~org-emphasis-alist~."

Maybe the code interpreting this variable could spit a warning on attempt to add new emphasizing characters.