Re: [Patch] to correctly sort the items with emphasis marks in a list

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [Patch] to correctly sort the items with emphasis marks in a list
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 21:08:08 +0200

Hi, Maxim,

Thanks for clearing things up. So it seems obvious that the root
of the problem is in the locales and the collation rules.

The situation is that with locales configured for Spanish from Spain
(en_ES.UTF-8) the list is not ordered correctly, unless those three
spaces from org-sort-remove-invisible are removed. But I couldn't say
why or if that would be appropriate as a patch...

Regarding the collation rule of forms with emphasis, at least in Spanish
these should come after the non-emphasized forms. I don't know if this
is a general rule also for other languages (at least it seems more
natural that the forms without emphasis are placed before).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel