Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:23:10 -0400

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 1:06 PM András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Emacs world is currently rather BibTeX
> centered, but biblatex is an important (and rather different)
> alternative, and there is CSL as well which I expect to become more
> and more relevant (it's citeproc-el's native format). Moreover, these
> formats have some variants, e.g., for BibTeX there is also org-bibtex,
> for CSL there is CSL-JSON and a CSL-YAML etc.

I might just jump in here and mention two recent, more general, CSL
processor projects, both designed with similar goals of being usable
as libraries, and so in theory should be able to hook up to this
system at some point with some elisp glue.

1. the haskell based https://github.com/jgm/citeproc, now used in pandoc
2. the rust based https://github.com/zotero/citeproc-rs (I expect this
to be incorporated into Zotero in the future)

Here's the most clear natural language description of the API in the
first, which should be similar in the second.

https://github.com/jgm/citeproc#how-to-use-it

Bruce