Re: Bug: org mode rendering linked heading wrongly [9.4.4 (9.4.4-4-g99ea

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: org mode rendering linked heading wrongly [9.4.4 (9.4.4-4-g99eafe-elpaplus @ /Users/cvl/.config/emacs/elpa/28.0/develop/org-plus-contrib-20210104/)]
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 18:50:52 +0800

>> [[**heading to be linked to*]]
>>
>> Expected rendered result:
>
> I had troubles understanding your report. What does "rendering" means
> here? Is it about `org-insert-link', fontification, export?

I think the report referred to fontification. When
org-hide-emphasis-markers is non-nil, the heading is rendered in bold
and the "*" markers are hidden. However, "*" emphasis markers are not
hidden in the link - inconsistent with what users could expect from
non-nil org-hide-emphasis-markers setting.

Best,
Ihor