sort “on-the-fly” in org-agenda-view

From: A A
Subject: sort “on-the-fly” in org-agenda-view
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 20:22:44 +0000 (UTC)

I am aware that ~org-agenda-sorting-strategy~ allows one to define view(s) with desired sort preferences. However, I'm wondering if there is a more "on-the-fly" method for sorting in org-agenda.

For example, I open my agenda in day view. Suppose I want to sort the list of TODOs by priority. Then, I want to sort by tags. The analogy in a non-Emacs environment is to click on the column heading of a table-view. For example, in macOS Finder (or Windows Explorer), one can click on Name or Date or Kind to sort the list of files in various ways.

I am imagining a key to toggle sort, much like the one we have for filter using /.

~org-sort-entries~ and ~org-sort-list~ work on subtrees and lists. Is there something equivalent within org-agenda? I especially like the ~org-sort-entries~ interface: it provides an option to sort by several criteria and in ascending vs descending order.