Re: Concerns about community contributor support

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: Concerns about community contributor support
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:38:26 -0400

I've been thinking about this general issue over the past year, as
it's a common problem regardless of project, hosting platform, etc.

I do agree in general that situations where submission of ideas and
patches languish without attention are a problem.

But while I don't think there are any easy answers, I do think clarity
upfront can help.

For example, perhaps there needs to be a prominent statement early on
this page, which states upfront how the community vets new ideas or
patches, what someone who submits such can expect, including in terms
of timeline, and how to interpret lack of response?

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Bruce