Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 05:49:42 +1000

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>> The challenge can be in identifying the most appropriate key bindings.
>> This can depend on the platform you use as well. When I was only using
>> Linux, I used the 'super' key for this and it was great. However, when I
>> also started using a mac, I had to define a new scheme. It can take a
>> bit of work to setup initially, but I think it is worth the effort. I
>> now have the same bindings in multiple modes, so regardless of whether
>> I'm writing markdown, org, html, rich text, etc, I just hit the same key
>> bindings to mark content as code, bold, italic, etc.
>
> On a Mac, you might find these useful. I don't use the right command and
> option keys, so I redefine them as hyper and super. they are right under
> my thumb, and convenient.
>
> (setq mac-right-command-modifier 'hyper)
> (setq mac-right-option-modifier 'super)

That is useful information. The 'hyper key is certainly overlooked and
provides a very useful mechanism to create a whole set of new, possibly
short, key bindings. I like the idea of re-tasking the right hand
command/option keys as it is very rare I use them (command/option is
most used via left hand side for me).

--
Tim Cross