Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 08:02:55 -0400

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021, 7:34 PM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

>     `:export-bibliography'
>
>       Function rendering a bibliography.  It is called with five arguments: a
> list
>       of citations, a list of bibliography files, the style, as a string or
> nil,
>       the export back-end, as a symbol, and the communication channel, as a
>       property list.
>
>       It is called at each \"print_bibliography\" keyword in the parse tree.
>       It may return a string or nil.  When it returns nil, the keyword is
> ignored.
>       Otherwise, the string it returns replaces the keyword in the export
> output.
>
>     `:export-citation'    (mandatory for \"export\" capability)
>
>       Function rendering citations.  It is called with four arguments: a
> citation
>       object, the style, as a string or nil, the export back-end, as a symbol,
>       and the communication channel, as a property list.
>
>       It is called on each citation object in the parse tree.  It may return
>       a string or nil.  When it returns nil, the citation is ignored.
> Otherwise,
>       the string it returns replaces the citation object in the export output.
>
>     `:export-finalizer'
>
>       Function called at the end of export process.  It must accept five
>       arguments: the output, as a string, a list of citations, a list of
>       bibliography files, a list of bibliography styles requested by various
>       \"print_bibliography\" keywords in the document, as strings or nil, and
> the
>       export back-end, as a symbol.

The haskell citeproc library has this:

"a CiteprocOptions structure (which currently just allows you to set
whether citations are hyperlinked to the bibliography)"

Would something like that make sense as an optional argument somewhere
here? Or would details like that get
set somewhere else?

BTW, on the demo, the "help echo" on my machine (a very recent Emacs
28) only flickers briefly, so I can't actually see it.

But I like how this is all looking; curious what others say.

Bruce