Re: unable to resolve link to Gnus email

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: unable to resolve link to Gnus email
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 00:35:36 -0400

Seb writes:

> Hello,
>
> Attempting to export with any exporter fails if document or a subtree
> thereof contains an email link, e.g. captured from a Gnus buffer:
>
> [[gnus:GroupName#EMAIL_ID][Email from John Doe]]
>
> I get the error:
>
> user-error: Unable to resolve link:
> "gnus:Melanie#ef90b1cff5264135a82bff491006b8d6@CAWNSMBME105.ME.MBGOV.CA"

Do you have ol-gnus loaded? [*]  It doesn't define an :export function,
but it's still important so that the link is recognized as a gnus link.
Otherwise org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link will handle it, signaling
org-link-broken.

Using your example

[[gnus:Melanie#ef90b1cff5264135a82bff491006b8d6@CAWNSMBME105.ME.MBGOV.CA][Email
from John Doe]]

here's what I see on my end (e641d3736) with no custom configuration.

Without ol-gnus loaded:

 * (org-element-property :type (org-element-context))  ; "fuzzy"
 * export fails with "Unable to resolve link"

With ol-gnus loaded:

 * (org-element-property :type (org-element-context))  ; "gnus"
 * export succeeds

[*] If you're not tweaking org-modules, it should be loaded by default.