Re: Bug: org-plot gives Invalid function error

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: org-plot gives Invalid function error
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 11:33:19 +0800

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> From a quick test myself, this appears reproducible, though I have no
> idea what's going on (yet). Please let me know if you find anything.

I remember seeing similar gnuplot errors using ob-gnuplot. They tend to
disappear upon restarting gnuplot process (M-x gnuplot-kill-gunplot-buffer),
probably because ob-gnuplot does not refresh gnuplot session.

A quick look through org-plot code shows that gnuplot session is also
preserved:

(when (get-buffer "*gnuplot*") ; reset *gnuplot* if it already running
      (with-current-buffer "*gnuplot*"
        (goto-char (point-max))))

So, I suspect that the problem I encountered may also be relevant in
org-plot.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Ihor