Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: (Not so) Short note about citations in Org
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 08:21:52 -0400

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 4:02 PM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> > Nicolas: I get that you need more code to do this, but are there other
> > practical consequences of allowing more than plain-text?
>
> The code I need to write does not count, really. It is 10 locs at most,
> without the tests.
>
> My concern is the additional burden for processor developers. They will
> need to shift from one representation to the other, this is not
> convenient. Also some tasks then become an order of magnitude harder.

I see.

So, for example, AndrĂ¡s currently has the function
'citeproc-org--parse-locator-affix', which takes as input a suffix
string.

That would need to be adapted to allow this, and it could be a hassle.

I agree with Denis that some users will want this, but I am unsure how
common the request might be.

Here's a thought:

How about having suffix plain text, since this is where locators are
parsed, and they are particularly important, but allow more on
prefixes?

Bruce