Re: Concerns about community contributor support

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Concerns about community contributor support
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:16:26 +0200

Hi,

D <d.williams@posteo.net> writes:

> TL;DR: Maybe we could improve the visibility of patches by having a
> dedicated mailing list for them? This would also allow for a greater
> deal of automation in the way we deal with patches.

We do have a dedicated information channel for patches:
https://updates.orgmode.org/#patches

You can subscribe to it with this RSS feed:
https://updates.orgmode.org/feed/patches

Once subscribed, you will only receive the patches, nothing else.

You can track all updates via the gwene.org.orgmode.updates newsgroup
on news.gmane.io.

This idea is precisely to help people organize their contributions to
Org, whether they want to help, fix confirmed bugs or review patches.

Of course, https://updates.orgmode.org is in alpha and we can still
improve it a lot.  In particular, I plan to let it track unconfirmed
bugs too, to help with bug triage, and to provide woof.el to ease
interaction with this tool directly from within Emacs.

Ideas are welcome: https://github.com/bzg/woof/issues

In general, I find it good to have a central communication place for
the community, where newcomers can learn from more experienced users
and I've always resisted to the urge of having e.g. org-users@ and