Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 09:26:53 -0400

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 5:48 PM Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Yes, this should be equivalent to the behaviour in pandoc.
>
> However, as I've said before, this behaviour is only correct in American
> English.

Denis and I are working on sorting out the details of how to address
this off-list ATM.

But I'm tentatively thinking this could be addressed by splitting the
MOVE-PUNCTUATION parameter in two, so that we have:

MOVE-PUNCTUATION: Move punctuation character following citation before
it, when applicable (for example [TODO]).

PUNCTUATION-INSIDE-QUOTES: If a quotation mark precedes the citation,
move punctuation before it, too, unless [TODO]

So for the examples Nicolas posted, this:

(org-cite-wrap-citation citation info t)

… would change to this:

(org-cite-wrap-citation citation info t t)

... and to get the British/German output it would be:

(org-cite-wrap-citation citation info t nil)

More when we figure out if this is feasible, with example input/output, etc.

Bruce