Re: Bug: org-insert-heading-respect-content before first heading [9.4 (9

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Bug: org-insert-heading-respect-content before first heading [9.4 (9.4-19-gb1de0c-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20201019/)]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 00:07:45 -0300

Hi Bastien,

On Sat, 01 May 2021 at 13:02, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:

I just found a misbehaving of `org-insert-heading-respect-content': when it's called before the first heading in the buffer, it breaks the structure of that fist heading by inserting a new heading on the line the previous heading existed.

Fixed with commit fb3030188 in the maint branch, thanks a lot.

Please test it and report any problem you may encounter.

Thank you very much.

I just tested the fix and, indeed, `org-insert-heading-respect-content' no longer breaks the structure of the first heading. However, if I may add a nitpick, the value of `org-blank-before-new-entry' does not seem to be honored in this case. For default values, a distance of one blank line is ensured to the next heading. In the report's ECM, after the fix, the new heading is inserted immediately before it. (I'm not sure it is really `org-blank-before-new-entry' which is at play here, but the behavior is not the same before the first heading than it is after it, with respect to blank lines).

Best,
Gustavo.