Re: Bug: org-toggle-link-display and org-hide-emphasis-markers [9.4 (9.4

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Bug: org-toggle-link-display and org-hide-emphasis-markers [9.4 (9.4-44-g5272d9-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20201123/)]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 13:06:04 -0300

Hi Bastien,

On Sun, 02 May 2021 at 03:30, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:

This way it would be
possible to toggle the markers selectively, as it is done with the
links.  I'm not sure this is granted, but one reasonable hypothesis
why `org-link' was used there in the first place is that some degree
of selective toggling of the markers was somehow demanded.

Yes, this came to my mind too, but I will refrain from adding this
new toggling capability for emphasis markers until people convince
us it has to be implemented.

I'm fine with that. I have no particular opinion on the matter, I was really just speculating why that might have ended there in the first place. That said, nothing to add here, except: thanks again.

Gustavo.