[Feature request] String escaped noweb expansion

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: [Feature request] String escaped noweb expansion
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:24:41 +0000

Hi,

Would there be some interest in extending the noweb syntax to allow
for string escaped expansion ?

I've modified my setup so that if the noweb delimiter `<<` is preceded
by a quote `"` then the expansion is string escaped (and the prefix
isn't duplicated for each line). This allows the following.

#+BEGIN_SRC latex :noweb-ref latex-ref
\some \multiline
\unescaped \latex \code
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :noweb yes
(setq my-latex-code "<<latex-ref>>\n")
#+END_SRC

I don't think there's any way to achieve such functionality currently.

--
Sébastien Miquel