Re: [POLL] Setting `org-adapt-indentation' to nil by default?

From: Tom Gillespie
Subject: Re: [POLL] Setting `org-adapt-indentation' to nil by default?
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 11:48:31 -0700

Hi Nicolas,
   Sorry, I did not mean to imply that such things were not possible
currently. I was writing in the context of how to specify the current
behavior formally. As you point out they absolutely are possible. More
replies in line. Best,
Tom

> This is inaccurate.
>
> The following is a perfectly valid list.

>   1. foo
>
>      #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (+ 1 1)
>      #+end_src
>
>   2. bar

Yes. My question is about how to deal with cases like

 1. foo

    #+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (+ 1 1)
#+end_src

 2. bar

> Source blocks for languages that have significant whitespace should use
> the -i flag.

My known issues with switches aside, the misaligned cases are the ones
that I worry about, and I don't think being able to flag a block as
being indentation sensitive helps resolve the potential ambiguity
there.

> What makes you think this is not the case?

Sorry, my wording is unclear here. I was not talking about the current
implementation which can and does do this, but instead about how to
formally specify what should be done in such cases.