Re: [POLL] Setting `org-adapt-indentation' to nil by default?

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: [POLL] Setting `org-adapt-indentation' to nil by default?
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 09:33:59 +0200

Kévin Le Gouguec <kevin.legouguec@gmail.com> writes:

> 'headline-data sounds like a reasonable default too, although I think it
> still has some wrinkles[2].
>
> [2] Typing "* headline RET" starts an indented line; further RETs keep
>     point indented until I type in something, after which RET finally
>     snaps back to column 0.  I'd expect point to always land on column 0
>     when hitting RET after a headline, since "headline data"
>     (e.g. :PROPERTIES:, :LOGBOOK:) will probably always be entered
>     automatically via a command.

And as of 3 hours ago, this complaint is now obsolete[1][2] 🎉

A fews more moles to whack, maybe:

- RET after an ":END:" starts an indented line,
- "* headline RET text TAB" indents "text" (and subsequent RETs are then
  indented).

Sorry for just dumping all these nits at your front door Bastien 😕 I
should at least write test cases for them.  Will try to find the time
Sometime Later™.

[1]
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/c7331f859d1cc53d5c5f2c6ec58691af15f60b80
[2]