Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 18:42:23 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> So if I want to add to that mini-init file the config so that the
> basic processor is correctly setup, what am I doing wrong here?
>
> (setq org-cite-activate-processor 'basic
>       org-cite-follow-processor 'basic
>       org-cite-export-processor 'basic)

You need to (require 'oc-basic), otherwise, the `basic' processor is not
registered.

Moreover, `org-cite-export-processor' expects a more complex value than
the other variables. At the bare minimum, it should be '(basic).

Anyway, I suggest to let it nil, and select it at the document level
instead, with

  #+cite_export: basic bibstyle citestyle

syntax.

> Once I have that working, what sort of feedback are you most
> interested in from testers?

There is not much to test anyway. It boils down to trying the various
styles, with bibliography files containing entries of different types.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou