Re: displaying equations with ob-latex

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: displaying equations with ob-latex
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 01:36:05 +0000

> On May 6, 2021, at 4:20 PM, michael-franzese@gmx.com wrote:
>
> After I do "C-c C-c", I just get a message saying "Code block evaluation
> complete."

Are you doing this in a buffer that has ONLY the text between the `cut here'
lines and exactly that?

If not, please try it in such a buffer.

It may help to copy and paste as typos in header names or values can be
unnoticed and drastically alter behavior. If your mail client reformats text,
maybe try copy and paste from the mail list archive.

Also, check with point in the src block using C-c C-v C-i that the header args
got processed properly. You should see lines like these in the *Help* buffer:

:       :exports        none

:       :results        drawer replace

If you did it in such a buffer and the buffer is unaltered but still displays
the message, I have to admit that I cannot tell from here what the problem
might be.

On my setup, things behave just as outlined.

When I start emacs with -q, then M-S-; (require 'ob-latex) RET, then paste the
text to *scratch* and delete the lisp comment at the top, then M-x org-mode
RET, then C-c C-c with point in the src block, answer 'y e s RET' to the query,
I get the equation displayed in the results drawer. And the export goes OK.

I am using org-version 9.4.5.

HTH,

Chuck