Re: The fate of ditaa.jar (9.4.5.)

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: The fate of ditaa.jar (9.4.5.)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 20:56:09 +0200

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> If org-mode wants to support ditaa, it is a requirement to inform the user
> how to
> get the software and install it.  Moving into into a separate repository
> without
> appropriately telling the user introduces the problem that users will miss out
> on free software that they would otherwise have used.  Using org should not
> be made
> more difficult than it already is.

Another problem I didn't mention in previous replay, is that user can
have wrong (outdated) version of Java installed on his/her machine which
might not be compatible with ditaa version org mode ships, which may
introduce further questions and problems. IMO I think it is better to
leave out 3rd party applications and let users install those on their
own.