Re: new org-contrib and straight.el

From: No Wayman
Subject: Re: new org-contrib and straight.el
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 00:42:15 -0400

Hi, Greg.

The recent changes to org-contrib's location/structure have been accounted for on straight's "develop" branch. Once on that branch you can rely on the default recipe:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(straight-use-package 'org-contrib)
#+end_src

You can see which version of straight you're currently using via `M-x straight-version`. If you're on the "master" branch (commit e1390a9 as of this writing), you can update to the "develop"
branch by adding:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq straight-repository-branch "develop")
#+end_src

prior to straight's bootstrapping snippet in your in init file.
I recommend using the develop branch and utilizing the lockfile system via `straight-freeze-versions` and `straight-thaw-versions` to define your own "stable releases".

Hope that helps.
If you have any other questions or run into problems feel free to reach out on our issue tracker:

https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el/issues/new/choose

Hope that helps,

Nick