Re: Cross referencing in Emacs Org mode

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: Cross referencing in Emacs Org mode
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 11:47:37 +0200

Hi,

The question, then, is not if you can have cross-references (as you say,
they work fine), but if they will work with subtree export.

I believe not (but others may have to correct me). Links/refs to parts
of the document outside the exported subtree *will* be broken. The
exporter does not consider other sections of the document and will not
try to resolve how the refs *should* have looked.

If you use custom IDs or dedicated Org targets like <<label1>> for the
label and links like [[label1]] for the refs, you *can* manage how
broken links should be handled. `C-h v org-export-with-broken-links' for
details.

Yours,
Christian