Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation process

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation processor
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 23:54:23 +0200

Am 20.05.2021 um 19:15 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
Hello,

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

By the way, I have the impression we can easily get rid of the
bare-variants completely. If we don't need footcitetext (or if we rename
the variant to note/text as that would be more appropriate, we can
something like this:

| Style     | Variant       | Command      |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| author    | caps          | Citeauthor*  |
| author    | full          | citeauthor   |
| author    | caps-full     | Citeauthor   |
| author    |               | citeauthor   |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| title     | full          | citetitle*   |
| title     |               | citetitle    |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| year      | full          | citeyear*    |
| year      |               | citeyear     |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| locators  | parens        | pnotecite    |
| locators  | parens-caps   | Pnotecite    |
| locators  | foot          | fnotecite    |
| locators  | caps          | Notecite     |
| locators  |               | notecite     |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| nocite    |               | nocite       |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| note      | text          | footcitetext |
| note      |               | footcite     |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| smart     | caps          | Smartcite    |
| smart     |               | smartcite    |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| super     |               | supercite    |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| foot      |               | footcite     |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| text      | caps          | Textcite     |
| text      |               | textcite     |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| parens    | noauthor-caps | Parencite*   |
| parens    | noauthor      | parencite*   |
| parens    | caps          | Parencite    |
| parens    |               | parencite    |
|-----------+---------------+--------------|
| plain     | noauthor-caps | Cite*        |
| plain     | noauthor      | cite*        |
| plain     | caps          | Cite         |
| plain     |               | cite         |
| (default) | caps          | Autocite     |
| (default) |               | autocite     |

Well, see the revised table above. WDYT?

I'm fine with it. But I see a long discussion ensued. So, is it too
early to settle on this one, or shall I implement it?

Let's wait a bit more. Maybe others want to chime in.

Just one thing I was asking myself: Will/should users be able to customize that? The function that handles the export doesn't look to complicated after all.

Denis