Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation process

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation processor
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 15:38:04 +0200

Hello,

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Is there a way to use styles that aren't loaded via biblatex package
> options, but as distinct package. E.g., biblatex-chicago is loaded as
> \usepackage{biblatex-chicago}. Internally, the package will then load
> biblatex on its own.

You can add a package with, e.g,

  #+latex_header: \usepackage{biblatex-chicago}

but style is controlled through style, bibstyle or citestyle options
from "biblatex" package.

Hopefully, the solution suggested by Thomas S. Dye works. Otherwise, we
will need a different mechanism for managing styles. I though about
doing something like

  #+cite_export: biblatex  package:style

e.g.,

  #+cite_export: biblatex biblatex-chicago:author-date

which would insert

  \usepackage[style=author-date]{biblatex-chicago}

instead of

  \usepackage[style=biblatex-chicago:author-date]{biblatex}

in the preamble of the document.

But we cannot presume all packages will use "style=..." syntax. So…
hopefully, the suggested solution works.

Crossing fingers,
--
Nicolas Goaziou