Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?

From: Sebastian Miele
Subject: Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 13:01:42 +0200

> Either way is fine while it is consistent. I just tried to test some
> edge cases with existing org-element code:
>
> * TODO COMMENT :tag:
>
> org-element-at-point returns :raw-value "".
>
> * TODO :tag:
>
> :raw-value ":tag:"

Concerning tags, it is the expected behavior according to
org-syntax.org: "If the first word appearing in the title is “COMMENT”,
the headline will be considered as “commented”."  So the headline

  * TODO COMMENT :tag:

is a headline with title "COMMENT" and tag "tag".  The headline is not
empty.

However, according to org-element-api.org, the :raw-value should be
"COMMENT".

But this raises another question: In my opinion the apparently effective
behavior of org-element (make the headline :commentedp, but do not
actually include "COMMENT" in the title) is preferable.  So I would
prefer to change the spec (org-syntax.org) to reflect that.