(✿╹◡╹) there are always ways to go - Re: Sad tweet

From: Jean Louis
Subject: (✿╹◡╹) there are always ways to go - Re: Sad tweet
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 00:01:28 +0300

* Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> [2021-05-24 00:30]:
> I've read this:
>
> "Contributing to Emacs is so frustrating. It's not worth it for minor things
> and if I cannot get some experience and confidence with minor things, then I
> likely won't ever make major contributions."
> https://twitter.com/magit_emacs/status/1396536686570610697?s=19

Alright, but no need for desperation. There is a way forward.

Make your own package, see (info "(elisp) Packaging")

As when you make your own package you are extending Emacs.

Then apply the package to be included in GNU ELPA:

That way you are contributing to GNU Emacs.

Your package can improve some functions and thus get kudos from other
users.

Then it becomes so much easier to point out to your improvements and
propose them to mainstream Emacs or Org mode.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/