Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:04:42 -0700

> Sebastian Miele <sebastian.miele@gmail.com> writes:

>>> [...]  However, the way I understand the above quote from
>>> org-syntax.org (which is, I think, in the end preferable) [...]

>> To be clearer: Preferable to the way it currently is implemented.
>>
>> In the headline "* :t:", the above quote from org-syntax.org (at least
>> in my way of reading it) means TAGS ":t:"

> This is your way of reading it, but it's unfortunately not the sole way
> to look at it. Also, I'm sympathetic to Ihor Radchenko's desire to see
> consistent code in that area. But being consistent means we favor one
> interpretation over the other.

Is there anything wrong with that?

> Currently, what Org does in this situation is unimportant, because the
> behaviour is simply undefined, which is, IMO, tolerable. If we decide to
> define it, it needs to be documented.

But having undefined behaviors is limiting on the portability of Org
because people are unwilling to pick it up and attempt to (say) create a
(partial) Org for other platforms (iPhone, Android, etc.).

--
David Masterson