Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 12:13:27 -0400

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 11:54 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> > Related, could we also have a  `org-cite-csl-styles-dir' defcustom, to
> > avoid having to specify the full path?
>
> Good idea. Also implemented.

Thank you!

> > And/or alternately just  `org-cite-csl-dir' for both locales and
> > styles?
>
> I'd rather keep the two directories separate.

No problem.

> > Also, is it possible for me to set things up so that export to latex
> > runs through the oc-biblatex processor, but otherwise it uses oc-csl,
> > where I have (obviously) different styles for each?
>
> It is not possible to set export processor per export back-end, but you
> can set your more common processor in `org-cite-export-processor' and
> use a different "cite_proc" keyword when you need it (and comment it
> when you don't).
>
> Is that tolerable?

I asked this question because a) I'm not that familiar with the org
export system, and b) I can imagine users wondering about this.

Is this the sort of thing that could be done in an automated batch
process (Is that what "publishing" is for)?

If not, it's "tolerable" for me; as in, maybe not ideal, but also
probably not worth the hassle adding support for at this point if it
indeed is a hassle for you.

But I would primarily use oc-csl, which will export to all formats.
So I don't see it as a big issue.

Not sure about someone that mostly uses oc-biblatex, but also wants to
get HTML output using oc-csl.

Bruce