Re: [oc-csl] testing status

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [oc-csl] testing status
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 17:36:47 -0400

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 5:24 PM András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 22:38, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is one thing I can't figure out. Here's the output I get:
> > I don't understand why that URL is included, as that entry has no URL.
>
> > It seems citeproc-el may have a parameter that substitutes DOI URL if
> > DOI is present, but URL is absent if t?
>
> > András: Is that correct?
>
> citeproc-el definitely doesn't have this kind of functionality, it
> must come from the used CSL style somehow. Is the result different
> with other citeprocs?

It's maybe a style issue, though I haven't figured it out yet.

This is what pandoc produces with the same style etc.

Low, Setha M. “The Edge and the Center: Gated Communities and the
Discourse of Urban Fear.” American Anthropologist 103, no. 1 (March 1,
2001): 45–58. doi:10.1525/aa.2001.103.1.45.

... which is what I read the style
(chicago-note-bibliography-16th-edition.csl) to specify.

I'll explore more, probably tomorrow.

Bruce