Re: A formal grammar for Org

From: Jakob Schöttl
Subject: Re: A formal grammar for Org
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:22:16 +0200

Am 02.06.21 um 06:00 schrieb David Masterson:
Jakob Schöttl <jschoett@gmail.com> writes:

Am 01.06.21 um 11:53 schrieb Tom Gillespie:
We have a pretty similar project, org-parser[1]. It's also written
in a Lisp dialect, Clojure, but it uses instaparse instead of brag
as parser library.
https://github.com/tgbugs/laundry/tree/next#similar-projects I managed
to get it into my README as a reminder to myself to have a thorough
look at it, but have been occupied with other work since then.
Thanks, I'll also set a link in our README to related work.
Have either (or both) of you looked at BeOrg (http://beorg.app)?  This
is an (iOS) app that implements task management from Org files by
reading and updating the Org file structure.  I would assume it uses a
parser to breakdown the Org file structure and rebuild it later.  That
is what I see your parsers becoming.
I haven't tried BeOrg myself, but it's proprietary and we have an open source, platform-independent alternative with Organice. See also https://github.com/200ok-ch/organice#beorg

org-parser is also open source and will finally replace Organice's somewhat hacky Parser as a library.

Regards, Jakob