Re: suggestion to change default org-latex-pdf-process to latexmk

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: suggestion to change default org-latex-pdf-process to latexmk
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:43:36 -0400

On 6/2/21 8:07 AM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 4:28 AM Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

The more I think about it, I think the best solution would be to update
the code which sets the default and have it check for latexmk. If it is
found, set it as the default and if it is not found, set the existing
default. This would have minimum impact on users and allow those who
have installed latexmk to get the benefits while not forcing those who
don't need it to install it.

If this were possible, I agree it would be the best approach.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but what about the case in which TeX is
installed after Emacs is installed? I do this sometimes.

Scott Randby