Re: literate programming, development log -- ideas?

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: literate programming, development log -- ideas?
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 06:23:14 +0300

Samuel,

> Can anyone post any video links to this kind of style of programming
> being used directly in Emacs?

there was an effort recently, that i'm tardy on reporting on here, to do
an introduction to "emacs for R programmers".
----
https://ess-intro.github.io/
----

as part of that, i did a (either too short, or too long) video on Org
mode, which, in reality, is pretty neutral w.r.t. programming language.
you might find that of interest.  it's linked at the above ESS intro
site.

i hadn't known of Harry Schwartz's efforts -- thanks for that.

> I know some people had mentioned in this thread that they use a .org
> file for their given project, but can anyone link to any repos where
> this is actually being used?

many people here probably have repos with software.  two of mine are
----
https://gitlab.com/minshall/covid-19
https://gitlab.com/minshall/photoTagger
----