Re: [org-cite, oc-basic] configurable open-at-point, font-locking when j

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [org-cite, oc-basic] configurable open-at-point, font-locking when json?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:36:12 -0400

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So would it be so simple as doing something like this, to use the
> > bibtex-completion-open function instead?
> >
> > (org-cite-register-processor 'basic
> >   :follow #'bibtex-completion-open)
> >
> > As in, that just tells what function to use for at-point?
> >
> > If yes, that definitely works!
>
> It does, but you're overriding `basic' processor. You could as well
> define your own processor
>
>   (org-cite-register-processor 'bibtex
>     :follow #'bibtex-completion-open)
>
> and use it with
>
>   (setq org-cite-follow-processor 'bibtex)
>
> > I've been a bit slow wrapping my head around the difference between
> > follow and activate, but I think it's starting to become more clear.
>
> Follow is what happens when you use C-o on a citation. Activate is run
> in the background during font-lock.

That's a very clear explanation!

So I'm trying to get this working now.

Here's what I want:

- "basic" font-locking
- bibtex-completion-open-any for C-o

If I understand correctly, the below minimal config should work, but
does not; as in, no font-locking, and C-o returns a "no link found".

What am I doing wrong?

(require 'oc-basic)
(require 'bibtex-completion)

(org-cite-register-processor 'bibtex
    :follow #'bibtex-completion-open-any)

(setq org-cite-follow-processor 'bibtex)
(setq org-cite-activate-processor 'basic)

Bruce