Re: org-attach a directory?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-attach a directory?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 09:38:49 +0800

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> Is it possible to attach a directory to an org heading?
>
> I have only seen how to attach a file so far.

I use the code below to attach directories and allow multiple selection
while attaching files. Also, if more people are interested in this kind
of functionality, I can write a simple patch. It's just a matter of
applying #'directory-file-name to the selected file name in the
interactive spec of the org-attach-attach.

(defvar yant/org-attach-default-source "~/Downloads/"
  "Default directory to attach the files from.")

(define-advice org-attach-attach (:around (oldfun files &rest args)
start-from-default-directory)
  "Look for new attachments from `yant/org-attach-default-source' directory
instead of `default-directory'."
  (interactive
   (list
    (mapcar #'directory-file-name (helm-read-file-name "File to keep as an
                                                       :initial-input (or (progn

(require 'dired-aux)

(dired-dwim-target-directory))
                                                                          (and
yant/org-attach-default-source

(f-slash yant/org-attach-default-source))

default-directory)
                                                       :marked-candidates t))
    current-prefix-arg
    nil))
  (unless (listp files) (setq files (list files)))
  (mapc (lambda (file) (apply oldfun file args)) files))

Best,
Ihor