[patch] Re: org-attach a directory?

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: [patch] Re: org-attach a directory?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 01:38:01 +0000

Hi John,

John Kitchin writes:

> I want to attach all the files in a directory on my desktop to the
> attachment directory, something that is more like
> org-attach-attach-mv-directory  (that is not an existing command, but
> what I was thinking of doing). Did I misunderstand what
> org-attach-set-directory does?

As far as I know, that option is not possible. And it's something that
I've always missed in org-attach. I've written this possible patch, with
two new attach methods/commands to copy or move a directory ("C" and
"M"). I guess it would be better to use `read-file-name' and
`read-directory-name' according to each case, but I can't think of how
to solve that. Anyway, `read-file-name' may also apply here for
directories.

(Little tested).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel