Re: HTML export uses anchor ids which change on every export

From: Spencer Baugh
Subject: Re: HTML export uses anchor ids which change on every export
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 19:31:55 -0400

> No, for public links, CUSTOM_ID is the only sane way to handle this.
> Even "sec-2" could betray you if you slightly modify the document.

I understand and agree. However, "sec-2" is strictly better than the
current situation in terms of link stability: There are many document
modifications that don't change "sec-2", and there are no document
modifications that don't change the current id format.

If some user likes link stability a litle bit, but not enough to add
CUSTOM_ID to every single heading, then providing some option to
generate ids like "sec-2", which are stable in some situations for very
little cost, is good for that user.