Re: TMIO Pre-release, request for feedback

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: TMIO Pre-release, request for feedback
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 05:56:05 -0700

Hi Jeremie,

Jeremie Juste <jeremiejuste@gmail.com> writes:

> Just a precision async process is already available in R. Thanks again
> to Jack Kamm for this input.

I believe async evaluation in R still requires my external package:

https://github.com/jackkamm/ob-session-async

Are you sure you don't have that package enabled?

I'm currently blocked on porting the R implementation here, while
awaiting paperwork at my current job (I am making headway, but slowly).

In the meantime, feel free to go ahead and port it, if you like. It
should be a very simple copy-paste, changing 1 or 2 variable names. All
that code was written while at my previous job, which had signed the
copyright disclaimer, so is safe to copy.

You can also refer to my port of async sessions to ob-python, which I
wrote before switching jobs:

https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/53fd5b774e23406ed351bdb166ab35edd0c44892

https://orgmode.org/list/87h7qi2l2m.fsf@gmail.com/

Best,