Re: literate programming, development log -- ideas? (ominbus reply)

From: Christian Barthel
Subject: Re: literate programming, development log -- ideas? (ominbus reply)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:51:31 +0200

On Tue, Jun 08 2021, Samuel Banya wrote:

> Not sure if it counts as off-topic for this thread, but does
> everyone use Git to manage their Org docs and notes?

I store my "main" org file in git and commit daily (*).  I have
activated magit-wip-mode for keeping some kind of a backup in
case I execute an unwanted command.  I also let Emacs save
numbered backup files in ~/.emacs.d/backups.  This could be
helpful when I delete the git repository and my org file in
~/doc/org accidentally.

I also store the org files that I create with org-ref
(literature/AuthorYYYY.org).
I am undecided how to do this with my org-attach folder because
there are some larger files that I do not want to store in git.
git-lfs seemed to be an option but as far as I have seen, it is
not possible to do a local clone [1].
Would love to hear how others manage this.

(*) Previously, I did this monthly with RCS but switched a few
months.

[1] https://github.com/git-lfs/git-lfs/issues/3073
--
Christian Barthel