Re: [BUG] org babel fails with matlab+python kernel on MacOS-10.15 [9.4.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [BUG] org babel fails with matlab+python kernel on MacOS-10.15 [9.4.6 (release_9.4.6-541-g52b097 @ /Users/oub/emacs/site-lisp/packages/org/)]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 19:58:08 +0200

>>> "JK" == Jack Kamm <jackkamm@gmail.com> writes:

Hello Jack

> Hello Uwe,
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

Thanks for your quick reply.

>> (defalias 'org-babel-execute:matlab 'org-babel-execute:ipython)

> ob-ipython is not part of org-mode core, so I don't think this can be
> considered a bug here.

Ok, fair enough

> While the original ob-ipython is unmaintained, scimax [1] maintains a
> fork of it, so you could consider seeking help there.

Thanks for that information. I confess that I also send a report to the
ob-ipython author and he did not reply, no I understand why.

> Also, it looks like you're trying to use org-mode with a jupyter matlab
> kernel, so you may also consider ob-jupyter from the emacs-jupyter [2]
> project. I have had good success using it to run jupyter kernels from
> various languages before.

That is another useful link thanks.

> Also, I would suggest verifying that the jupyter matlab kernel works
> outside of Emacs/org-mode, to isolate where the problem is.

Right I wish I now how to check this

>> |   ob-ipython--dump-error("Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File
>> \"/Users/...")

> This line seems to be the critical one in the error output. If you can
> expand out the full error message, it may elucidate what the problem is.

This message drives my crazy since the most important information is
just not shown.

In any case, please close the bug

Thanks

Uwe