Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable

From: Léo Ackermann
Subject: Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:32:41 +0200

> I am not sure what you are asking.  What specific treatment are you
referring to?

I suggest that special block in LateX export (https://orgmode.org/manual/Special-blocks-in-LaTeX-export.html) may be treated differently. Once again, I'm new to org-mode, but here is my intuition:
- What is happening now. The #+BEGIN_proof / #+END_proof keywords cause my proof to be seen as a block. Therefore, babel fontification is called to highlight syntax of my proof within my buffer. Timothy already discussed here how inefficient the babel fontification is.
- What could happen. Changing (somewhere) the treatment of #BEGIN_proof & co the following way: Assign them to a new face "latex_export_sugar" and ignore them while editing. Doing this, the fontification of the org proof will be made as usual and will be fast enough. While exporting, replace #+BEGIN_proof by \begin{proof} and so on...

Do you see what I mean ?

Best,

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-567-g22bf80
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096