Re: allow HTML block to escape from outline-text div? WAS: BUG? unable t

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: allow HTML block to escape from outline-text div? WAS: BUG? unable to surround subtrees with html tag
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 12:31:24 -0400

On Tue., Jun. 22, 2021, 4:30 a.m. Richard Lawrence, <richard.lawrence@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
Hi Matt,

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

>> I would like to be able to surround some portion of a subtree with a tag,
>> e.g.:
>>
>> * parent
>>   some text
>> #+HTML: <div class="box">
>> ** child 2
>>   some boxed content
>> ** child 2
>>    more boxed content
>>  #+HTML:</div>
>> ** child 3
>>   unboxed content

> I don't know if there is a way to somehow slide my own html in between the
> outine-text element and the outline-container element for a child subtree.
> If someone knows a way to do this, I'd appreciate a pointer, but for now I
> think I have to find another way to accomplish this.

Is it important that your two headlines in the boxed content export as <h2>?

If not, you could just use a structure like

* Parent
** Box
*** Boxed Child 1
*** Boxed Child 2
** Unboxed Child

and use something like the ignoreheading filter (see Worg's "Org Hacks"
page) to prevent "Box" from producing a separate header, and maybe
various properties (e.g. UNNUMBERED?) to keep the boxed children from
appearing as part of the main outline.

Otherwise, #+INCLUDE comes to mind as a possible solution.

Would one of those options work for you?

I think the :ignore: hack will not work quite right, but the others I had not thought of at all, and I will try them out! Thank you,

Matt

--
Best,
Richard