Re: An attempt to convert Elfeed entries (with parameters) to Org trees

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: An attempt to convert Elfeed entries (with parameters) to Org trees
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 08:02:50 +0000

Hi Ihor,

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> What about duplicates? If you insert all the feeds from the last few
> months and then update the same headline weeks later, there will overlap
> between elfeed entries.

When I update a headline, all previous feeds are removed, so there is no
possibility of duplicates. As I said, I find this system very useful to
have an overview within Org of the latest updates to certain feeds, such
as new packages uploaded to CTAN. I also have an org-capture template
only for new CTAN packages, in case I see any interesting packages.

I also have a section on CTAN news in my blog about typography and TeX
(in Spanish), and I update it using that method.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel